I felt a bit of disappointment for having missed this year's SME week which was capped last July 11-12, 2014 at the Philippine Trade ...

DTI Celebrates Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Week 2014

By 2:21:00 AM



I felt a bit of disappointment for having missed this year's SME week which was capped last July 11-12, 2014 at the Philippine Trade Training Center in Pasay City. 
Small businesses' contribution recognized during DTI's SME week. 
Photo courtesy of StockSnap via Pixabay





I was late by just a day or two when I saw DTI's print ad from Philippine Star dated 07/08/2014 showcasing the full list of activities during the said 2-day celebration.  Each day was filled with various topics on business management and demo-skills training starting from around 8am and finishing to 4pm.  All these were provided for FREE but to make sure you can avail of seats, you have to make your way early to the venue as it was indicated the seminars were given on first come, first served basis. 

I listed here a rundown of my hot picks that caught my interest from among the topics included during the SME Week Celebration. These business ideas present bright earning opportunities due to current positive trends on  health and wellness, tourism growth and environmental concern in the Philippines.  For July 11: Herbal Soapmaking, Coffee Barista, Massage Oils,  Food Cart Business and Assorted Cupcakes.  For July 12:  Photography, Food Packaging, Scrap Recycling, No-Bake Cookies, Health Breads and Healthy Meat Products.

I thought what an excellent chance to add further to my entrepreneurship knowledge and learn more new possible business ideas if I could have made it to the event.  But then anyway, I can always look forward to the same event again in 2015. And so to all aspiring Entrepinays out there, make an early earmark for the timing of around mid- to end-June next year to learn about and catch up with the activities lined up for DTI's SME Week Celebration.  

Hope to meet you there!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Please leave your comments here.