MIRACLES do happen. Each new day in our lives may present miracles in unexpected ways. The most life-turning encounter I had last Ja...

Touched by A Miracle Through Our Lady Of Vailankanni

By 11:25:00 PM

MIRACLES do happen.


Each new day in our lives may present miracles in unexpected ways. The most life-turning encounter I had last Jan. 18 touched greatly my spiritual consciousness and served to drill deeper the depths of my faith.

About two weeks past New Year, my 3-year old niece had a serious fall at home that later showed itself as a fatal emergency which sent everyone into panic mode. When she was brought to the nearest hospital, the doctor said she needs to be transferred to a much bigger one in Q.C. for CT-scan and neuro exam. She was exhibiting seizure attacks which terribly scared us all.

In the hospital, I was squeezing in silent earnest prayers and was holding to my rosary while I hurriedly processed all paperworks for her immediate CT-scan tests. The sight of my niece's little and fragile physique giving out bouts of seizure was just too hard to bare. Deep inside me I felt desperate and helpless. I was longing to spend some quiet moments of deep prayer to turn to God for help. I know He's the only one we've got at that crucial time.

Finally, I found this mini-altar for Mama Mary at the end of a secluded hallway just near the CT-scan station. I rushed towards it and succumbed into a silent deep prayer for my niece, asking for God's grace, mercy, and help for her to be cleared from all tests and whatever illness she may have. Then I saw these numerous novena copies to OUR LADY OF VAILANKANNI neatly stacked before Mama Mary's statue, thus making them hard to get unnoticed. Though sounding foreign and unfamiliar, I recited and prayed it as I felt it was the nearest and only lifeline that could bring me closest to God for my prayer.

Before my niece was brought back for a 2nd CT-scan, a woman came beside her stretcher. The woman struck my memory for she was unusually wearing a PINK "belo" and "sistery" attire draped over her street clothes and had "morena" features with the prominent Indian/Muslim circular mark on the forehead. She gazed upon my niece, prayed over her, and marked her forehead with a sign of the cross. Afterwards, she looked at me and uttered "Gagaling na yan!" Then I just faintly smiled back at her for me wanting to thank her but amidst the cloud of thoughts and emotions blurring my head that time.

I only got to sigh with relief when I saw my niece gave out a big yawn after she was pulled out from the CT-scan-- a strong sign her senses are finally back to normal. Thank God! More joy for me when she opened up her eyes into full consciousness as we were wheeling her back to the ward station. And finally when put back to bed, I talked to her lightly and jokingly to gauge her up if she was finally really okay, "Kumusta ka na, anu na pangalan mo?". Then she replied back loudly and clearly with her full name! That sounded like the finest music to my ears which ultimately brought back smiles to our faces. And I thanked God deeply from the silence of my heart. Thank you, thank you Lord!!! My niece recovered amazingly and unscathed from that moment afterwards.

Days after and I finally had the spare time to find out more about the unfamiliar "OUR LADY OF VAILANKANNI". But my Google search results only gave me the goosebumps and led me to tears. She hails with a basilica church from the town of Vailankanni in India. She's known as the Our Lady of Lourdes of the East, Our Lady of Good Health, and Our Lady of Miracles as I also learned later. She also has web images dressed in fuchsia PINK! The Indian features and the pink dress-- all these reminded me of the woman who prayed over my niece. If all those were co-incidental, there surely was some divine intervention. And I fell into tears by myself for I got to thinking Mama Mary may had actually came down before me face-to-face!

Photo courtesy via https://goo.gl/images/Z8lZdA

Photo courtesy via https://goo.gl/images/HSWEsL
Though this writing comes as a much toooo late post, I committed to sharing this experience and NOVENA PRAYER to as many people as I can. It's a pay forward for my niece's answered prayer. It's also my way of helping those who are also currently in deep waters.

Photo courtesy of GoEntrepinay
Never lose faith in God through the loving intercession of Mama Mary. Indeed, GOD IS REAL! I experienced His great miracle and anyone is never far from experiencing His divine love and mercy, too!!! God bless everyone.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Please leave your comments here.